Dandruff is a common condition causing the skin on the scalp to flake. Although it isn’t contagious, dandruff can be embarrassing and difficult to treat. Signs of dandruff include itchy scalp and skin flakes that can appear on the scalp, along the hair shaft, and on the shoulders. Dandruff tends to flare up in cold, dry seasons. Seborrheic dermatitis is a severe form of dandruff, where more fungus is present on the scalp where flaking and redness are found.
ingredients to stop the embarassing flakes
Gentle, yet effective in combating dry scalp, Sulfidal™ Colloidal Sulfur can be used in different anti-dandruff treatments and helps to prevent future dandruff flare-ups. Sulfidal Colloidal Sulfur is an easy-to-use form of sulfur that has proven efficacy against dandruff, as specified in the US FDA’s over-the-counter monograph on dandruff actives. In colloidal form, our sulfur is easier to disperse in formulations, and sulfur’s natural odor is mitigated.
Vertellus makes a key intermediate building block, Pyridine, that is essential to the manufacture of Zinc Pyrithione (ZPT). ZPT is also listed as an approved active ingredient in the US FDA’s over-the-counter monograph on dandruff treatments.
Casmate™ DCA (Dicapryl Adipate)
- INCI: Diisooctyl adipate
- Form: Liquid
- Properties: General-purpose emollient, lubricious, prolonged playtime
Naturechem™ GMHS Emulsifier
- INCI: Glyceryl Hydroxystearate
- Form: Flake
- Properties: Vegetable-based with a higher melting point and improved aesthetics over Glyceryl Stearate
Naturechem™ PGR Emulsifier
- INCI: Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate
- Form: Liquid
- Properties: Vegetable-based, desirable alternative to oleates
- INCI: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil and Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Form: Semi-solid
- Petrolatum Alternative: moisturizing agent
- Noncomedogenic: specially formulated so as not to cause blocked pores
- Natural, Vegetable Derived: from Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seeds
Jarplex™ Shea Butter
Ready To Get Started?
Vertellus specializes in developing and producing fine chemicals and intermediates for sophisticated applications that greatly enhance the value of customer end-use products. Market leadership, longevity, and technical expertise afford our professionals great insight into the entire specialty chemicals field.
Contact us today to get your next project started.
"*" indicates required fields