Viscosity modifiers allow low viscosity fluids to perform like thicker, more lubricious fluids when the lubricant is shear-stressed. Shearing, the process of layers sliding past each other, erodes the effectiveness of low viscosity synthetic lubricants.
Additives can increase the film strength at critical points. They form a supple molecular cushion to enhance the performance, while allowing the bulk phase of the fluid to continue to be low viscosity and efficient for circulation.
bio-based intermediates to increase sustainable content in your lubricant
Bio-based lubricant intermediates allow formulators to use a sustainable backbone to create high-performance viscosity modifiers that are derived from the castor bean. Accentuating the naturally occurring properties of castor oil derivatives, Texalene viscosity modifiers for oils strike a balance between high affinity for the surface under shear and performance stability over a range of temperatures and conditions. Texalene viscosity modifiers for greases act as thickeners in lithium-based formulations.
Casmate™ DCA (Dicapryl Adipate)
- INCI: Diisooctyl adipate
- Form: Liquid
- Properties: General-purpose emollient, lubricious, prolonged playtime
Naturechem™ GMHS Emulsifier
- INCI: Glyceryl Hydroxystearate
- Form: Flake
- Properties: Vegetable-based with a higher melting point and improved aesthetics over Glyceryl Stearate
Naturechem™ PGR Emulsifier
- INCI: Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate
- Form: Liquid
- Properties: Vegetable-based, desirable alternative to oleates
- INCI: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil and Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Form: Semi-solid
- Petrolatum Alternative: moisturizing agent
- Noncomedogenic: specially formulated so as not to cause blocked pores
- Natural, Vegetable Derived: from Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seeds
Jarplex™ Shea Butter
Ready To Get Started?
Vertellus specializes in developing and producing fine chemicals and intermediates for sophisticated applications that greatly enhance the value of customer end-use products. Market leadership, longevity, and technical expertise afford our professionals great insight into the entire specialty chemicals field.
Contact us today to get your next project started.
"*" indicates required fields